At ISC West 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada, SIA Education delivered 84 sessions at the Sands Convention Center April 9-11.
Key ISC West sessions included:
- Smart Cities, Smart Buildings and the Evolution of The Converged Security Approach
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Artificial Intelligence in Physical Security
- The Emerging Leader: The Change Agent in the Security Industry
- Cybersecurity by the Numbers: Maturity Metrics of Successful Security Organizations
At ISC East 2019 in New York City, SIA Education delivered 30 sessions at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Nov. 14-15. ISC East offered four hands-on workshops, enabling attendees to engage in practical exercises reinforcing details on physical security devices, cybersecurity terminology and active shooter training.
Key ISC East sessions included:
- Public Policy Update for Drone Security
- To the Edge: Protecting Your Video Surveillance System From Camera to Server
- Implementing Converged Security: A Process Bringing It All Together
- Day 2 Keynote: Angela Stubblefield, deputy associate administrator, security and HAZMAT safety – UAS Security: FAA Perspectives on Addressing Risks Posed by Errant or Malicious UAS
In August 2019, SIA hosted its inaugural AcceleRISE conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at the Radisson Blu Hotel Downtown. Over 65 up-and-coming young professionals gathered at this event to develop business skills, network with peers and engage in idea sharing about the future of our industry.
Key AcceleRISE sessions included:
- The Power of Positive Leadership
- Finance for The Non-Finance Manager
- Culture: Having Difficult Conversations and Addressing Conflict in the Workplace
- Corporate Social Responsibility: The Benefits of Giving Back
SIA Center of Excellence
The SIA Center of Excellence was launched in October 2019. The intention of the SIA Center of Excellence is to improve individual, team and organizational performance by making available easy-to-access learning and development tools and resources. This online repository offers on-demand training courses, e-learning modules, webinars, articles and other key learning tools developed by SIA and featuring contributions from leading security experts and manufacturers.
In January 2019, SIA launched its virtual Basics in Security Project Management course. This online course was highly successful and attracted participation from a total of 109 students.
SIA continues to offer its in-person Security Project Management (SPM) training seminar at various host sites throughout the year, including during the ISC West and PSA TEC conferences. A total of 75 individuals participated in the SPM training seminar in 2019.
The Security Cornerstones Learning Series was developed and launched in the spring of 2019. These self-paced, online training courses are available on the SIA website and free to all SIA members. The current courses introduce learners to the security ecosystem and cover key concepts in access control and video surveillance.
SIA continued to build awareness for the Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM®) program in 2019. Over the course of the year, SIA received 117 applications for CSPM certification and experienced 29% growth overall. A total of 27 individuals recertified their existing CSPM credential. The CSPM program continues to grow and gain notoriety within the field.